Friday, July 2, 2010

Pearl of the Orient

So I spent a week or so in Hong Kong and Macua recently and we had the best time eating, shopping, gambling and sleeping. Having gone to Hong Kong countless times since I was a kid, it was surprising to know that there is a little gem of a hotel that we had not managed to discover until now. It's called The Langham, and its under the Leading Hotels of the World group. It is conveniently located near the Harbour City/Terminal shopping area with lots of designer shops! Have I told you how much I love Lane Crawford? All my favourite brands under one roof! Anyway, I shall let the pictures do the talking...

Our room in Langham. I love the modernist decor!



The amazing bathroom with a shower AND a tub!




They also have pink everything! From calenders, to pencils and notepads, to menus to bedroom slippers!  

They have the most FANTASTIC set of toiletries, all in pink, there's even a mini body powder roll thingy.





A little rubber swan to accompany guests when they have a bubble bath!!



A trip to HK is never complete without a visit to Yung Kee (near Lan Kwai Fong), which sells famous roast goose AND heavenly century eggs. We've been coming here every time we visit HK, and advance reservations are an absolute must! (although if you know the captain and are generous with tips you can probably snag a table if you reserve on that day itself)


Ahh....this is the topping on the cake. Sesame paste desert, YUM YUM!!!


Some pastries on-the-house


We also visited a Char Chan Teng, this one is famous but I forgot its name =P



And, we trooped to Peninsula Hotel for the must-do high tea!


Some lousy frankfurter hotdog that costs us like $15 SGD and came like this. Sad.



We also took a ferry over to Macau for a night and stayed at Wynn Hotel! I love the hotels in Macau, the rooms are big and nice with a separate living area!



Love the amazing bathroom too (spot me in the pic!)!! Can you imagine, the bathrobes were lined in silk! I think a great hotel completes a trip, don't you? I'm definitely not your backpacker kinda girl...




And lastly, I was introduced to this brand of chocolates by a friend, and boy was it good. We spent a good couple hundred bucks at the store and brough chocolates home!


Till next time, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment