Sunday, May 9, 2010

English Tea & a Dash of Green

So, I've been neglecting my new blog a little, and people have been nagging me to update it (yes, you know who you are).

A most wonderful way to spend the afternoon....trying to imitate the English and their fav afternoon past-time at Marmalade Pantry @ Ion. By the by, have you heard about Harrods being sold to Qatar? Gee...

My default Earl Grey. 

 


 

I didn't quite fancy the scones as I found it too buttery. I have my own theory about scones...there are generally 2 types: (i) Crusty, dense, hard and biscuity versus (ii) Spongey, fluffy and chewy. Which ones do you like? Those below are of the (i) type. Not my cup of tea.

 

Strawberry cupcake - Marmalade pantry is quite famous for some of its cupcakes when it was at Palais Renaissance. I think the quality has dropped somewhat but it is still generally quite enjoyable.
 

I think my photography skills have improved quite a bit donch you? Anyway I'm working on it!!

I've been looking for a good place for afternoon tea with type (ii) scones. Anyone has any recommendations? Some of my better experiences include Goodwood Park, Conrad, and Royal Coopenhagen Lounge in Takashimaya, Ngee Ann City. I also tried Shangri'la's Rose Veranda with over 100 varieties of tea but it drove me and my gal pals nuts trying to choose our tea, and the food was not all that great either.

And lastly, this is for you Ruru! Yes YOU! "Jade is the new black"!! Not as jade as your Chanel but better than nuthin!! haha!
 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. pui!! scare me! i thought it was the chanel jade.
    btw the scones at wild honey at mandarin gallery are TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete